While your Lennox® HVAC equipment can’t speak to you, it does have a way to tell you about a furnace error.
Its motherboard has a set of LED lights that can show a fault code. Subject to the fault, your heating system could show continuous or flashing lights.
Although there are some simple furnace repairs you can finish yourself, many tasks are best handled by HVAC technicians. When your furnace will not turn on or give heat, get in touch with Street Heating and Cooling at 605-206-3915 for expert furnace repair in Rapid City.
Our experts will quickly determine and fix the breakdown, even if you don’t have a Lennox heating system. We can fix all kinds or makes—and get the warmth returned to your home without delay.
What Does the Flickering Light on My Furnace Mean?
Your heating system uses lights to flash code when it is malfunctioning. It also uses this system to let you know it’s working properly.
Correct heating involves:
- Concurrent slow flash—heater heating like it should.
- Simultaneous fast flash—heating system is initiating the call for heat.
If you realize that a lone light blinking slowly and the other going on and off fast, your heater may be experiencing a low flame signal. This can take place even when your furnace is running properly. It signifies the flame sensing rod could be dirty or in the incorrect spot on the burner. Call us at 605-206-3915 for assistance.
Here are several other of the most typical faults for Lennox heaters.
Heating System Will Not Start
Here are many of the light arrangements you may see when your heat will not or keep heating. The majority of these problems must be handled by an expert, like one from Street Heating and Cooling.
- The duo of LED lights are off. This signifies your heater might not have electricity. Examine the breaker box to confirm the heater fuse has not triggered. Try resetting the fuse if it’s in the “off” area. If it immediately turns off after a subsequent reset, don’t try to reset it again and call us at 605-206-3915.
- One light is continuous and the other is blinking slowly. This signifies the flame rollout switch is possibly not working right. The part is an essential safety tool that assists in avoiding fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t seek to take care of this fault on your own.
- A single light is flashing fast and the other is blinking slowly. This typically indicates power polarity has been reversed. Your furnace may have a wiring issue that calls for expert assistance from Street Heating and Cooling.
- The pair of lights are blinking slowly. This indicates your heater’s blower motor possibly isn’t operating. This component sends heated air from the heater into your space. We can aid in determining what’s wrong with this piece.
- One light is flashing slowly and the other is blinking fast. This means your heater might have low voltage or a short circuit. Call our experts at 605-206-3915 for assistance.
- One light is flickering on, on, off while the other blinks on, off, on. This signifies there might be a fault with your HVAC system’s motherboard or wiring. Street Heating and Cooling can find the fault and take care of it.
- The duo of lights display every other slow flashes. This signifies your HVAC system possibly has a flame issue. There could be a problem with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Call us at 605-206-3915 for help.
- An individual light flashes slowly while the other stays continuous. This typically indicates your heating system’s limit switch is not working. The switch prevents your heating system from becoming too warm. Reach out to the pros at Street Heating and Cooling for help.
Heater Blower Runs But No Heat
Here’s what could be broken when you hear your heater’s blower fan on, but you aren’t getting any warm air.
- Both lights are giving every other fast blinks. This indicates your furnace ignitor might be broken. This part ignites energy in your HVAC equipment to make heat and should be repaired by a technician from Street Heating and Cooling.
Depend on Us for Professional Furnace Repair
When you need to get your heater repaired without delay, turn to the experts at Street Heating and Cooling. Our pros will handle the error quickly and have your rooms feeling relaxing again in a short time. Contact us at 605-206-3915 or contact us online to get an appointment now.