While your Lennox® furnace isn’t able to talk to you, it does have a method to communicate a furnace error.
Its control board has a set of LED lights that can display a fault code. Depending on the issue, your heating system may display continuous or flashing lights.
Though there are various simple furnace repairs you can finish without an expert, many tasks are best taken care of by experts. When your furnace won’t kick on or give warm air, call Street Heating and Cooling at 605-206-3915 for expert furnace repair in Rapid City.
Our technicians will rapidly detect and fix the malfunction, even if you don’t own a Lennox heating system. We can repair all brands or makes—and get the warmth reintroduced to your residence fast.
What Does the Blinking Light on My Furnace Mean?
Your heater uses lights to flash code when it isn’t working right. It also works this system to tell you it’s operating like it should.
Regular heating includes:
- Concurrent slow flash—heating system operating correctly.
- Concurrent fast flash—heating system is initiating the call for heat.
If you see a solitary light blinking slowly and the other flashing rapidly, your heater may be experiencing a low flame signal. This can happen even when your furnace is running properly. It means the flame sensing rod could be dirty or in the wrong area on the burner. Contact us at 605-206-3915 for support.
Here are a few other of the most typical errors for Lennox heaters.
Furnace Refuses to Kick On
Here are a few of the light arrangements you could notice when your heater refuses to or keep operating. The bulk of these errors must be taken care of by a specialist, for instance from Street Heating and Cooling.
- Both LED lights aren’t lit. This signifies your HVAC system might not have electricity. Look at the breaker box to make sure the heating system fuse isn’t flipped. Try resetting the fuse if it is in the “off” position. If it immediately trips after a subsequent reset, don’t try to reset it again and contact us at 605-206-3915.
- A single light is stable and the other is flashing slowly. This implies the flame rollout switch is may be open. The part is an essential safety device that aids in avoiding fires and carbon monoxide. You shouldn’t attempt to handle this fault without professional help.
- A single light is flickering quickly and the other is blinking slowly. This often indicates power polarity has been reversed. Your heater may have a wiring problem that requires expert support from Street Heating and Cooling.
- The pair of lights are blinking slowly. This indicates your furnace’s blower motor probably isn’t running. This piece moves heated air from the HVAC system into your residence. We can assist in figuring out what’s causing a problem with this piece.
- One light is blinking slowly and the other is flickering rapidly. This means your heater could have low voltage or a short circuit. Call our experts at 605-206-3915 for help.
- One light is flickering on, on, off while the other flashes on, off, on. This indicates there may be a fault with your heater’s control board or wiring. Street Heating and Cooling can determine the problem and fix it.
- Both lights are using every other slow blinks. This indicates your heating system possibly has a flame problem. There may be a problem with its gas supply, gas valve or ignitor control. Call us at 605-206-3915 for assistance.
- An individual light flashes slowly while the other remains solid. This often indicates your heater’s limit switch is experiencing an error. The switch keeps your heating system from overheating. Call the specialists at Street Heating and Cooling for help.
Furnace Blower Operates But No Heat
Here’s what might be broken when you observe your heating equipment’s blower fan on, but you aren’t gaining any heated air.
- Both lights are giving alternate rapid flickers. This signifies your furnace ignitor could not be in working order. This part ignites gas in your HVAC equipment to make warmth and should be serviced by an expert from Street Heating and Cooling.
Turn to Us for Professional Furnace Repair
When you have to get your heating system repaired fast, turn to the professionals at Street Heating and Cooling. Our pros will take care of the error right away and have your rooms feeling cozy again in no time. Contact us at 605-206-3915 or contact us online to get an appointment today.