You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to keep snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an yearly furnace service is an ideal way to keep from excess spending on your utility bills and now is the perfect time to get that scheduled. The pros at Street Heating and Cooling have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you a number of ways. It can help you identify small problems before they become major problems, and it can help ensure your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can make a huge change on your energy bill. After a few months those savings will really add up. If you’re having problems getting used to the present temperature, try changing it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will easily adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the easiest and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A dirty filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are fantastic ways to battle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Street Heating and Cooling technician is over for your yearly furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can help you determine if it is time to check into a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without affecting your comfort.
There’s never a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will help you get started. If you need to schedule your annual furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 605-206-3915.