Having routine air conditioning service done at least yearly can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Rapid City summertime, have the specialists at Street Heating and Cooling complete your yearly air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a proper air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your expert should always:
- Look for the proper amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, recover any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illegally discharging it to the air.
- Check for correct airflow through the system.
- Confirm the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Examine electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help make sure that your air conditioner continues to work at top efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We recommend looking at it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will bank on individual factors in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Street Heating and Cooling today at 605-206-3915.