During the cooler Rapid City months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and evolves into your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to Street Heating and Cooling will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Street Heating and Cooling right away if you notice any of these problems:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that makes a flame and keep your lights off until your furnace can be examined by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a indication of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your home.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your energy bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Street Heating and Cooling can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running constantly, you could have a problem. It may be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is working fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Street Heating and Cooling at 605-206-3915 or arrange an appointment with us online.