When it’s cold in Rapid City you count on your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been too long since your system had maintenance, you might have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system appears to be running well, you probably need to clean or replace your air filter. A dustry air filter can block air flow, hurt your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are quite a few reasons you might need a furnace repair. The quicker you can schedule a furnace repair, the better. If you see any of the following signs, call in an expert, like Street Heating and Cooling.
1. Your furnace is loud. You might have a problem if your furnace is running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running for the right amount of time? Is it running constantly? Does the air flow seem less powerful? You may have something wrong with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating thoroughly. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but aren’t feeling any difference? This could signal a few specific problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be a problem with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t correctly sized for your house.
4. Your monthly bill keeps growing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps growing. This could indicate some different problems. Your HVAC expert will help figure out what’s going awry.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, stop your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water pooling around your furnace. This is usually a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC professionals to remedy.
You’ll know when you should schedule furnace repair now that you’re knowledgeable about these common symptoms. The experts at Street Heating and Cooling will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.