As springtime starts, you could be wondering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Rapid City? Especially if your air conditioning unit is newer or was running good last year.
Here’s one method to contemplate it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never anticipate to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same is applicable to your air conditioner. It’s a piece of equipment that needs fuel and has moving pieces. Like a automobile, it can end up with leaks and its moving parts can break down.
Having your unit inspected yearly by a Street Heating and Cooling technician can help spot minor problems before they turn into major breakdowns. (And cause your air conditioning to stop working!)
6 Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your air conditioner is placed outside, it’s more inclined to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard refuse, which can majorly decrease your system’s efficiency. While you can follow our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to take care of intricate internal parts.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard debris that collect in your equipment can push it to work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can create higher energy needs—and a higher cooling bill!
- It could extend your unit’s life span. A clean air conditioner is an efficient one and might even help it run longer. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly cooling costs and in the long-term, since you won’t have to buy new equipment as fast.
- It helps determine minor issues before they turn into big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your tech will closely examine parts and perform a series of cooling performance verifications. These detailed processes often allow us to identify issues before they lead to big troubles that cause a pricey repair bill.
- It helps ensure stress-free comfort throughout the summer. After your air conditioner is tuned up, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your unit is set to deliver worry-free air. Even on the most humid days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty valid. Most manufacturers call for yearly maintenance to keep your warranty in place. Without this maintenance, your equipment is vulnerable to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A premium AC maintenance should have an inspection and maintenance work from a licensed HVAC specialist. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll check the following spots and pieces:
- Total unit order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat adjustment
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a part of the jobs we’ll finish:
- Put in new air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving parts
- Unclog condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Today with Street Heating and Cooling
This week is the perfect time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Street Heating and Cooling pros a ring at 605-206-3915 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we come to your home, don’t forget to look at our special offers for savings on your approaching maintenance.