As spring begins, you could be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Rapid City? Even if your cooling equipment is recently purchased or was running just fine last season.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t get a brand-new automobile and never have to request any work for it, such as putting in fresh oil or buying new tires.
The same is applicable to your AC. It’s equipment that needs fuel and has moving components. Like a vehicle, it can get leaks and its moving parts can wear out.
Having your equipment checked yearly by a Street Heating and Cooling pro can help spot small issues before they lead to large meltdowns. (And cause your AC to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your system clean. Since your cooling system is placed outdoors, it’s more susceptible to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your system’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal parts.
- It keeps your system efficient. Dirt and yard debris that accumulate in your unit can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these problems can lead to higher energy needs—and a more expensive cooling bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean unit is an efficient one and could even help it last for a longer period of time. That’s money that you won’t spend on your monthly electricity costs and over the years, as you won’t have to get new equipment as quickly.
- It helps locate little troubles before they become big, expensive problems. During professional AC maintenance, your specialist will closely examine pieces and complete a set of AC performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to identify troubles before they turn into large troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free comfort throughout the warmest days. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind knowing your system is ready to deliver worry-free cooling. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the smartest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty in place. Most manufacturers expect regular maintenance to keep your warranty going. Without this service, your system is open to premature breakdowns and limited efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the things we’ll complete:
We’ll examine the subsequent locations and parts:
- Full equipment order
- Start-up progression
- Thermostat calibration
- Air filter
- Blower parts and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety components
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the work we’ll finish:
- Replace air filters
- Refasten electrical connections
- Confirm electrical flow
- Lubricate moving components
- Rinse condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Service Right Away with Street Heating and Cooling
Today is the greatest time to request your AC maintenance! Give our Street Heating and Cooling pros a shout at 605-206-3915 or contact us online to schedule your appointment. Before we arrive at your home, be sure to check our discount offers for savings on your next service.