As we get further in to November and the temperature begins to dip, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to switch over to heating our home. For some families, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months rapidly approaching now is the time to consider replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go out in the middle of the coldest day of the year.
So when the time comes to find a new furnace, how do you know if you should choose an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no point in being bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few seconds and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a ring at 605-206-3915 if you have any more questions.
- Up-front cost is lower than gas furnaces
- Provide more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more thorough as a result of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Less maintenance required
- Gives less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be in question, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions during the process, don’t think twice about giving Street Heating and Cooling in Rapid City a call at 605-206-3915. We’re more than happy to help resolve all of your furnace questions.