Make your life easier—begin preparing your air conditioner now before hotter temperatures appear. You can save on your energy bill this summer if your air conditioner is working at its peak efficiency! If you are working your system when it needs service, you could see a drastic jump in costs and damaging wear and tear on your air conditioner. Keep your system performing well with at least one air conditioning service appointment from your Street Heating and Cooling expert each year. This is important to keep your unit working for the long haul. Your technician can confirm that your unit is working correctly and watch for trouble areas to head off any possible problems before they happen. This saves you from larger, more costly repairs.
Just some of the benefits a professional air conditioning service will provide you:
- Cooling cycle evaluation
- Replacement or cleaning air filters
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Cleaning the condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
What You Can Do to Prepare
In addition to scheduling your professional air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and throughout the year to ensure your AC is working at peak performance.
- Clear the space around your unit. Make sure there aren’t plants growing too close to your system, which can hamper airflow. Take away piles of leaves or mulch blocking any part of the AC unit.
- If your outdoor unit was covered during the winter, be sure to uncover it. You can harm your system if you operate your air conditioning with a cover, coil blanket or lid. That damage could trigger the need for big repairs or an entire replacement.
Throughout the year:
- Your Street Heating and Cooling service professional will clean or replace your filters as needed during the annual service visit. Don’t forget to inspect your filters each month and replace them when necessary! Different homes have different air filter replacement needs. If you own a pet or are undergoing home renovations, you ought to change them more frequently.
Make sure your air conditioning is operating at its most efficient by having your ducts cleaned often. It keeps your space healthy too! If you follow these few steps, your AC will be ready for whatever this summer can throw at it. To schedule your annual service, call the Street Heating and Cooling team at [[phonenumber]] or schedule an appointment online.