People spend a lot of time on their smart phones, whether it’s checking in on work or checking in on friends. You may not realize that your smart phone can also keep you connected to your home. With it, you can control your home’s temperature and find out when it’s time to schedule air conditioner service.
It can be difficult to keep up with technology, but currently there are two types of advanced thermostats:
- Connected. Connected thermostats let you control your system via a Wi-Fi connection, so that means you can use your smart phone whether you're at work or on vacation to manage your thermostat.
- Smart Thermostats. Smart thermostats have Wi-Fi capabilities, and they can also learn your schedule by knowing where you are. These thermostats can actually sense when you’re away from home and make adjustments to the temperature to fit your needs.
You may have heard a lot about smart thermostats recently. As with most new technology, they’ll continue to evolve and become more common and affordable. If you don’t have one, now is a good time to learn more about them and all the benefits of using them, namely the ability to closely control the comfort of your home—even when you’re away from home. You’ll also enjoy:
- Easy adjustments. As they learn your preferences, smart thermostats will begin to make adjustments that will keep you comfortable when you’re home while saving money.
- Helpful reminders. In our busy lives, it can be hard to remember to plan for HVAC maintenance. Your smart thermostat can remind you to change your HVAC filter and let you know when you need to schedule routine maintenance.
- Convenient compatibility. You’ll find that most smart thermostats easily integrate with a wide array of heating and cooling equipment, so you probably don’t have to worry about passing on a smart thermostat that you want because it’s not compatible with your equipment.
Smart thermostats offer many ways to help you maximize your home comfort levels and help you lower your energy bills. Call Street Heating and Cooling in Rapid City at 605-206-3915. We have many thermostats for you to choose from, so you should be able to find one to match your needs.